Coast High School

Skip to main content

How To Enroll

Interested in transferring to Coast High School?
1. If you have not done so already, enroll at one of our district's six traditional high schools (Edison, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Marina, Ocean View, Westminster). 
2. Request a referral to Coast High School, an alternative school of choice, from the Assistant Principal at the traditional high school. The Assistant Principal will initiate the transfer process of behalf of the student. Please note, the Coast High School curriculum is not designed for credit recovery. Coast High School is an alternative school of choice, not a continuation high school. Students must be in good academic standing including credits earned.
3. Schedule an admissions appointment with Coast High School.
4. If approved, attend a mandatory Coast High School orientation.
Orientations are scheduled every other Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm in classroom C116. Parent/Guardian and Student are required to attend orientation.

 Coast High School Orientations


September 8 and 22

October 6 and 20

November 3 AND 17

December 8

January 12 and 26

February 9 AND 23

March 9 AND 23

April 13 and 27

May 11

After Orientation

After attending orientation, students must return to their traditional home school to disenroll and return textbooks in order to proceed with the enrollment process at Coast High School.
Coast ID Card
After meeting with our guidance specialist, students will receive their Coast High School ID card. The first card is free however if lost, a replacement card will cost $5. Please keep your ID card with you at all times. You must be prepared to show your Coast ID card if asked.
Work Permits
Work Permit applications may be obtained from Mr. Jones during school hours. Applications must be filled out by your employer and your parents and returned to our office. The Work Permit will typically be issued within 2-3 days.
ROP Courses
If you are interested in ROP classes, check with our guidance specialist Mrs. Jahns to see the list of courses available.
Obtaining Records
Talk to Mrs. Jahns our guidance specialist to obtain copies of transcripts and to discuss graduation requirements.
Parents must re-enroll students each semester to continue attending Coast High School.